Monday, September 21, 2009

grace-onomics



Chris Wang (left) is an economics major at UNC. We met this summer by the Old Well on campus. One night I was sitting on a bench, nervously thinking and praying about our first Worship at the Well the next day. He walked by twice, so I said hello. He asked, "What are you reading?" I answered,"Oh, my Bible." He excitedly sat down next to me and said, "I just became a Christian three months ago and this is my first week in town. Can you tell me where I can find a good Church?"

He's been with us ever since.

This Saturday night, we were hanging out around a table and Chris said, "You know what I don't get? I don't get grace. I study economics, and it just doesn't make sense."

It struck me as one of the most beautiful sermons on grace I've heard in a long time.

Then, grabbing a piece of paper, he attempted to force it into the realm of reason. Scratching out multiple graphs, Chris tried to make it square with the laws of supply and demand. His final thought: "If price is free, and supply is infinite, then demand is satisfied."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger jeremiah said...

"it is finished."
translation- class dimissed.

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in tears. -- Dad

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Laura said...

#1. I love this.

#2. It reminds me of Stephen Cady.

#3. Number 2 did not influence number 1. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home