Thursday, October 02, 2008

bailouts, ben harper, and a better way


Rollin' down the street (makes me think of a snoop/dre classic, circa mid 90's) this morning, listening to npr ('as was his custom'). Much of the talk swirling around the current economic crisis, and the so-called bailout bill that the Senate passed with all of the enthusiasm of a kid downing a spoonful of doctor's orders. Closing eyes, holding nose.

Needing a break from the bailout, I turn on some music, via the handy "oh just surprise me" shuffle list. Enter Ben Harper- who strikes me as part pirate, part prophet- singing about a better way...

What good is a man who won't take a stand / What good is a Senate with no better plan / But I believe in a better way.
Reality is sharp, cuts like a knife / Everyone I know is in the fight of their lives / But I believe in a better way.

This post is not an indictment of our leaders. Nor is it intended to be political commentary.
It's a reminder of what is bigger. And better.
Here's to the Better Way. And to The Pioneer who paved it, drawing us in behind Him.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Blake said...

Ben Harper is my man!! His record with the blind boys of alabama (there will be a light) is just amazing!!

Love you kids, and 'get' what you are doing=)
b

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger R.S. said...

these are the kinds of worlds i would expect to collide in a matt leroy blog.

Strebeck

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kris said...

It's so nice to know that there is a brighter day comin' down the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home