Sunday, August 24, 2008

the love list

Here's a rundown of a few friends that are doing things I'm proud of. So stinkin' proud that I had to share it with you. So, go check them out and share the love.

1. the bridge project: Josh, Laura, and Anna Grace LeRoy serving as a prophetic witness of personal holiness, racial harmony, and social healing in Asheboro's East Side. Read Josh's blog for insightful social commentary that alternates between side splitting, soul stirring and eye opening.

2. the coffecover: My friend Shauna Lott (I was her youth pastor in Indy) has invented a reusable coffee sleeve, a result of her entre-creativity and eco-sensibility. A good idea from a good heart.

3. creatives: Dustin AhKuoi has been one of my best friends since high school. He is seriously the single most talented person I know. You should start reading his blog. He recently wrote a series called 'generations of creatives' in which he remembers the family members that planted the seeds of art in him from an early age. My favorite is the one about his dad, Issy.

4. worship seminary: My friend and mentor JD Walt teaches on worship in a series of short youtube films. To really dig into this discussion, follow his blog FARMStrong.

5. redeem team: Raise your hand if you set your alarm for 2:30 AM to watch Team USA win the gold in basketball. Oh really? Just me? Well here is what you missed. Turned out to be a real test, but the world's greatest players came together as the world's greatest team. I love this game. Cue single tear.
(OK, so Kobe and LeBron aren't exactly my friends. But I'm still proud of them.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Blogger Heath said...

I'm proud that there's at least 4 Christians in Chapel Hill now with the LeRoys and Simmons. There may be hope for this town after all.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the love!!!! Thanks for the link to the Redeem Team highlights. Can you believe that I saw the womens diving final but missed the basketball final!!!!

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to here that things are starting out on a beautiful note.
I've started reading your recent book. I have finished the Kempis chapter; so far I have enjoyed.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your stuff. Love the whiteboard! Getting to know the culture and the people in Chapel Hill is an incredible plan.
If I was there.....I'd come!
Praying for you!
Margaret G.
PS I DVR'd the b'ball game, got to skip the commercials, and loved seeing Kobe pour a bottle of water on Mike K's head! This time...the team played for the right reason.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Only a basketball game could get Matthew out of bed... any other time and it's tug-o-war...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home