Friday, July 13, 2007

ray boltz + iwu van = bff

Sarah and I have been on the road quite a bit this summer... updates are coming soon... but for now, let's have fun with this:

While I was at a camp in Iowa last month, I sent the following text to a few folks:
"I am riding in an IWU van listening to 'The Anchor Holds' by Ray Boltz."

Here are a few of my favorite responses:
'Oh my.' -Sarah
'Watch the lamb, baby!' -JD Walt
'Drive it off a cliff this instant' -Dustin Ahkuoi
'Let me guess: Master's Praise? Get out of the van and walk.' -Dan Bellinger
'And belting it out right along with ray, I'm sure!' -Marlee Lockey
'That sounds delicious' -Dustin Holloway
'DUDE! My dad would love a ride in that van' -Jeremiah Aja
'You're messed up.' -Stephen Cady
and my personal favorite...
'I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul' -Jimi Moore

Anyone else have a response they would like to add? The whole 'ray boltz has a mullet' joke has yet to be explored... the 'thank you' song hasn't even been touched...the possibilities are limitless.

7 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with a Chuck Norris fact theme: "Because of the combination of natural chemistry and artificial products he has used, if straightened out, Ray Boltz' hair would pinpoint the location of Osama Bin Laden. Sadly, Ray Boltz' hair cannot be straightened, ever.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as there wasn't a stick ministry presentation to the tune "He Is" by Aaron Jeoffery's I think you are safe.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember the time we met Ray boltz and he was wearing sweatpants...and then that time we saw Bob Carlisle in concert and he had on sweatpants too.

What is with heavy set guys with mullets and sweatpants?

ponder on that one...

love,

the flowin samoan

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Who is Ray Boltz?

just kidding.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Krisbilep said...

Is he still singing??? Mawmaw will be happy. LOL
love you guys.. congrats on a new neice....
love ya
Aunt k

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger r o b said...

What could be better than driving down the road in a college van rockin' out to Ray Boltz?! Unless maybe it was a Ray Boltz/Sandy Patty duet!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

You ARE Ray Boltz, you silly sap. :-)

Miss you guys!!!!

Kevin, Heidi, and now Shana Hovan

Check out my blog at heidihovan.blogspot.com!!! And good to see y'all in pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home