Thursday, March 13, 2008

wildland

Every head bowed
Every heart opened
Coming together
Set apart

Hiding in the nooks and crannies of a holy place
Stretched all out
Tucked away
Proper pews become primal tents of meeting

Communion
No loaf to touch
No cup to pass
But the Bread is being broken, and souls are drenched in wine
A taste you can’t shake from your mouth

Canopies of praise
Cathedrals of worship
Cloaks and crowns of prayer
Falling over shoulders and brows with a perfect fit

Draw me in with you
This fertile wildland
Until I’m caught in the crossfire of the Love
Holdng the Three as One

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger jeremiah said...

beautiful.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Dustin Ahkuoi said...

This is well said..."A taste you can’t shake from your mouth"

This is extravagant worship my friend

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Kris said...

What an experience... He is so real and so faithful if we just ask....
I believe in you Matt (and Sarah).
love ya

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger A cross-cultural family said...

I've been keeping up with you and Josh for awhile now through your blogs. Thought it was about time I said hello. I'm so proud to know you and am always encouraged by what the Lord is doing in your life. I'd love to meet Sarah one day. I've enjoyed reading your devotionals in Light from the Word as well. You can see a few pictures from our life in my "family blog." God bless you, my old SWU friend! :)

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty hot=)
Luv you guys,
blake

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger David Harrity said...

Great work on this poem! Keep it up. Send more when you get the chance!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Dustin Ahkuoi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Dustin Ahkuoi said...

hey man...just wanted to let you know that I am at a slightly new blog address now

you can click on the link and make changes where necessary...Peace, Love and Mama Dips!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home